All three of the girls need their dad back, but Rachel has definitely been the one to have the hardest time with him being gone. Every time she get's hurt, she starts crying for Daddy and then crying that "Daddy won't come home!" Any time something get's broken, she says she needs Dad to come home and fix it. She has also had several nights when she has either woken up crying for Dad multiple times in the night, or nights when she has been EXTRA scared. It is just so sad.
One night, I heard Rachel just start WAILING in her bed. I came rushing in to see what was wrong. It turns out that she had gotten both of her feet stuck between the wooden part of her bed and the wall. I got the first foot out pretty quick, but the other foot was twisted the wrong way and wedged in there pretty tight. I really don't know how she managed to get stuck like that! I flipped her over to get her foot facing the right direction, and tried and tried to get her little foot out, with Rachel just wailing the whole time. I finally tried to push the bed away from the wall a little. Sadly, I am a weakling, and was unable to move the bunk bed with both kids on it, even a little bit. Rachel could see how hard I was trying to get her foot out, and when she realized that I couldn't do it, she said (while still crying) "Maybe Daddy can do it later!!!" Ohhhh, poor kid!
...Don't worry...I didn't leave her there for Brian to save. I got her foot out shortly after that.
1 comment:
Those poor, poor children. Poor Rachel. Clearly you need to call 1-800-I-QUIT!
Post a Comment