Thursday, March 29, 2012

Counting Down The Hours

Brian is, currently, on a plane heading towards France. In less than 20 hrs, he will be back home. Am I excited? You betcha! What have we been doing for the last week? Well...
On Friday, we went and visited my Aunt Davi. It was a gorgeous day and we just let the kids play outside. They were so calm, playing on the swing, rolling down the slight hill, playing with old Barbie dolls. And it was also so nice to sit and chat with Davi and Scott.
Saturday, we went with my dad and watched "The Hobbit," (directed by my brother in law, with my sister in the cast). While in Springville, we swung by their art museum. The kids enjoyed running around like maniacs, there. :)
Sunday was church and Home Teachers.
Monday, we had a couple of my highschool friends over for lunch, along with their kiddos. Then we went to dinner with the Myler Fam.
Tuesday, I did some Visiting Teaching...One of the ladies I visit teach, happens to both be Maliya's Primary teacher and have a daughter in Maliya's class. The girls were LOVING playing at their house, so we ended up staying there WAY longer than any VT appointment should ever last. :)
Afterwards, we did some secret preparations for Brian's return, and ended the day with the CUTEST Cowboy Birthday Party EVER! They had cowboy hats and bandanas for each guest, there was a springy horse that the kids could either ride or lasso with a hula hoop, there was a shooting range (they shot golf balls of of tees with water guns), mining for gold nuggets in a baby pool filled with dirt, tossing bean bags in boots, and even stick-horse-barrel-racing! So cute! Of course there was also a boot shaped pinata and cupcakes with toy horses on them.
Wednesday, we went to the Dino museum and the kids somehow survived the day with their extremely cranky mother. That evening we went to dinner with a family in our ward. It was SO nice.
And that brings us to today: when I spent much of the day taking advantage of very kind neighbors who let my kids play at their house while I cleaned up my disaster-of-a-house before Brian gets home.
Have I mentioned that I am excited?

No comments: