Monday morning I woke up at 4, and woke the kids up shortly after that (they were pretty tired, it took quite some time to get them to even stir!), and we headed up to the airport. This would be all of their first time flying!
My sister in law was kind enough to get up super early and drive with us and help me out in the airport (up until the security gate), and then drive our car back home for us. Thank you so much Sharee!

We got checked in, went through security (thankfully with no searches or other problems!) and got to our gate right in time to walk on to the plane! It was perfect! Then we were off to California!
Maliya sat in the window seat and was pretty excited to watch as we drove faster and faster and then went up in the air!
I stuck a binki in Katie's mouth just prior to take off, to help her regulate pressure in her ears as we changed altitudes. With the binki all set, and being secured in mom's lap, once the force of driving fast and taking off hit her, she was out like a light! Nice!
After take off, Maliya had fun playing with the TV's on the back of the chairs. I brought some headphones for her, but she didn't spend much time actually watching TV. I read the girls a book, they played with stickers, they both took a trip to the bathroom (my favorite), they played with Katie (after she woke up), drank some complimentary juice and ate some complimentary snacks (as well as some that I brought with us). I think they had fun, but they were still pretty tired. About the time that Rachel started to break down, was about the time that we started our final descent. All in all, I couldn't have asked for much better of a flying experience alone with three kids!
Once we finally managed to get off the plane and tie the kids back up to the stroller, it was off to baggage claim! That was interesting. I was glad that we flew in to such a small airport, cuz it was hard to watch my kids and claim my baggage at the same time! I even ended up tying the stroller to a pole...
California!!!
After hanging out and Grandma Lisa's house, relaxing, and lots of naps...we made our way to the BEACH!
This was also a first for my girls.
Katie enjoyed the beach for about 5 minutes. The other girls, however...





Towards the end of our meal, some guy came by offering to make balloon animals. The girls loved it! (Maliya is holding a spider, Rachel is holding a giraffe)
After an afternoon at the beach, we went to the mall and rode on a carousel, got balloons, and had dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe! Such a fun place!
Oh, no! The balloon is making Maliya float away!
No comments:
Post a Comment