Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day Two: Church As A Single Mom

I have a lot of respect for single moms. And not just because Brian is gone for a little while, I have always felt that way. I am not sure how they handle life! Theirs is a very difficult job...or jobs, since they alone have to fulfill the responsibilities jobs of mother and father.
In addition to actual single mom's, I have a lot of respect for those women who faithfully bring their children to church alone, whether because their husbands are not members of the church, or are simply inactive, or for whatever other reason, cannot come to church with the family.
My experience can in no way be compared to theirs, A) because even though Brian is gone, I don't have to go to work during the day. B) because Brian is coming back in 'only' three weeks. And C) because he is very supportive of us going to church!
I am, nonetheless, pleased to report that I survived my first week of church alone! It was daylight savings day, and I had gotten the kids to bed pretty late. I didn't get much sleeping in, myself. But we made it to our 9:00 church only a *little* late. And I survived all three hours, even with keeping Rachel and Katie in my classes with me. (I have stopped sending Rachel to nursery, because every week that she goes, she and Katie both get sick 3 days later!)
Only twoo more weeks of church to go!

No comments: