"What?" I asked, confused and thinking that she was talking about Katie. Maliya pointed not far off to the side where two children were seated. They were twins, probably about three years old, but significantly smaller than Maliya. It could have gone either way...they did have long hair...long, as in, past their shoulder blades...but I was thinkin' that they were probably actually boys. I tried to tell Maliya this, but she didn't really believe me, and soon she was over by them, saying "you're cute!" One little 'boy' (wearing a cowboy hat and double holster with toy guns in it) immediately noted Maliya's pretty princess dress "Yes, it's nice," Maliya agreed and began swaying gently, yet somewhat dramatically for them.
I tried to listen for a name to be dropped or something so my suspicions of their gender could be confirmed. But the one little boy called the other one "Aaron"...or "Erin"? 'Seriously?' I thought, 'You name your little boy a girls name AND grow his hair out? How can any parent feel good about that?'
I convinced Maliya to come sit down and eat her food before she said anything about them being girls, but as soon as she returned to her seat she said (quite loudly) "I TALKED TO THOSE GIRLS!" Again, I tried to explain that I thought they were boys.
"But they have long hair..." Maliya said, very confused.
"Sometimes boys have long hair," I said.
"...But...they're girls," Maliya was convinced.
Before too long, Maliya's inadvertent flirtations earned her a pick up line that I never expected her to get quite this young: "Do you have a boyfriend?" The little boy asked. What??? How does this kid even know about boyfriends and girlfriends? Yikes. Maliya told him that she did. He asked who it was, and, not knowing what to say, Maliya asked ME who her boyfriend was. Oh, goodness.
As the twins left with their mom, Maliya ended the conversation by yelling "BYE! I LOVE YOU!"
Oh, dear.
1 comment:
LOL...loved the costco experience! Watch out boys...here comes Maliya :)
Post a Comment