Sunday, April 8, 2012

Welcome Teeth!...I Mean Home!

Friday the 30th FINALLY rolled around! I was a little nervous about whether Brian would actually make it home, due to strikes that were happening both in the Indian Airport and in the Paris Airport that Brian was flying through, but he was very good to text me updates as he made his way closer and closer to home. The night before Brian got home, Katie was crying and crying, when I put her to bed. I couldn't figure out why it was taking her so long to cry herself to sleep. The next morning, Friday, we ran around doing errands and such, wasting time till Brian's flight was set to arrive. I took the girls out to Olive Garden with me for a girls day out and used up a gift card (I always feel like I can check something off my list when I use up a gift card!).
I am not sure what made me think that going to a sit down restaurant by myself with 3 kids 3 years old and under would be a good idea. Clearly the crazies from being alone with these kids for 3 weeks had fully set in by that time. There is no other explanation.
Actually, it wasn't too bad until Maliya announced that she had to go potty. What was I supposed to do then? I clearly could not leave Rachel and Katie alone while I took Maliya to the bathroom. So, we all picked up and went together. I think the waitress kind of panicked when we all disappeared. She got us our bill and some to go boxes REAL fast!
Anyway, while at the restaurant, I let Katie gnaw on my finger a little (as I often do), and what did I find?
TEETH! 2 of them, on the bottom. (Sorry, couldn't get the pic to rotate)
Hooray for those things finally cutting through! Although, I still feel like she is teething...working on some more, I guess.

All day, whatever errand we ran, Maliya just kept asking "NOW can we go get Daddy?" Poor kids, couldn't take all this waiting!
We finally arrived at the airport somewhere around 2:30. I parked and got all the kids out to surprise Brian. He thought we were just going to pick him up on the curb, but after 3 weeks and with all of us as excited as we were to get Brian home again, no way were we just going to have him hop in the car and continue on driving! So we walked out to the curb and as soon as I could see Brian (who was watching the road for our van) I turned the girls loose and they RAAAANNN to give him hugs! It was so cute! (especially because Maliya was dressed as Cinderella)
We enjoyed a relaxing Conference Weekend with Brian, and the kids actually did pretty good. I put out a bowl of M & M's and told them they could each have one any time they heard the words "prayer, prophet, or Jesus." They sure tried to listen so they could get some treats!
It is SO GOOD to have Brian home!!! We didn't get any pictures, not because it wasn't fun or exciting, but because we were too busy living and enjoying that time to pull out a camera.
Welcome home, love!

1 comment:

Sharee said...

What a GREAT idea for conference, I will have to try that...