These are words of warning that are found on every baby item imaginable. But it's not like I left her in the Bumbo on the counter, or anywhere obviously dangerous. I didn't leave her on the couch with her sister. I left her sitting on the ground, on our soft carpet, with a couple of toys to play with.
I just wanted to vacuum the stairs. Five minutes, that's all I needed. It's not like I left her for hours on end. But when the vacuum turned off, all I heard was my screaming baby. I rushed upstairs to find her lying on the floor, with a bloody nose, and crying very hard. Her face was all red from crying. I wrapped her up, gave her a binki and rocked her to sleep. When she calmed down enough that her face changed back to it's normal color, THEN I was able to see the other wounds left behind from whatever it was that happened:
Maliya and Rachel were both watching TV in the same room with her, and two neighbor girls were also there. I think the three older girls were all too wrapped up in the TV show to notice what had happened to Katie, they couldn't seem to give me any kind of plausible answer. The only thing I can figure, is that the youngest neighbor heard Katie crying for me, and trying (with extra force) to give Katie some toys to play with. But that is only my best guess. Poor little beat up baby!
Here she is after her nap:
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Poor, sweet baby!
Post a Comment