Sunday, January 22, 2012

Conversations

I can't believe how grown up Maliya is, these days. About a week and a half ago, I called the doctor and set up a well child appointment for Katie. When I got off the phone, Maliya asked "why did you say 'I want an appointment with Dr. L?"
Me: "Because Katie needs to go see the doctor so we can make sure she is healthy."
Maliya: "But Katie doesn't like shots."
Me: "That's true, she will be getting shots and she probably won't like it."
Maliya: "But I don't want to see Katie get shots, because she will be sad."
Me: "Yeah, I don't blame you, I don't really want to see it either!"
Yes, I dropped Maliya off to play with a friend for Katie's appointment. Maliya didn't have to witness Katie's shots and it was nice for me to only have 2 kids at the doctor's office!

Also, recently, we went to Cabellas. As we drove away, Maliya looked out the window and saw all the construction happening on the future Adobe Building.
Maliya: "Are they making Daddy's new work?"
Me: "Yes, actually, that is exactly what they are doing!"
Maliya: "Why are the wearing orange and green jackets?"
Me: "Because people who build buildings and roads wear orange and other bright colors so that we can see them."
Maliya: "But the men who maked our house didn't wear orange and green jackets."
Me:"...wow, yeah, that's true...that is because they were not worried about anyone running them over..."
A few days later, some workers came and built a fence at our neighbors house. Maliya looked out the window and said "MOM! Those men are not wearing orange and green!" Boy, she is getting good and applying her knowledge to different situations!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Where are you guys living these days? We have got to get together! Does your phone number still end with 0679?