Now that Katie is 5 months old, we finally made it to the doctor for her "4 month" visit. :)
She is now 26.5 in (about the 95th percentile for height) and weighs 15 lbs (about the 60th percentile).
Katie still doesn't really roll at all, and does not enjoy being on her stomach, but she is getting pretty good at sitting. She can sit independently for several seconds, sometimes close to a minute, before toppling over. She loooves grabbing her toes.
She is smiley as can be and gets VERY excited when we have visitors! Although she is very friendly to new people while I am holding her, if she sees me walk away from her, she will immediately start to cry (whether or not there is anyone else around). So, she is outgoing, but still very attached to her mama. When she gets sleepy, she will grab my face and give me lots of big, open mouth, slobbery kisses! She loves her daddy and her sisters to pieces as well. I think she even recognizes to word "daddy," because when I say it, she almost always will immediately look over at her dad. It's pretty cute. But no one can get quite the laughs out of Katie that Maliya can get. Katie thinks Maliya is the funniest thing in the world!
About a week ago, I bought a large planter. When we got home, Maliya started carrying it around and loading it up with things. After a while, she said, "we should put Katie in here and take a picture!"...not a bad idea, MJ! Then I realized that Katie turned 5 months that very day, so we went ahead and took the suggested '5 month portraits'!
No comments:
Post a Comment