A little while ago, we graduated Katie from crib to toddler bed. She did fantastic, at first. Same sleep habits as before. Then, eventually she started insisting we crack the door open. Then, after a while, she started to realize that she could just get up and get out of her bed if she wanted (always a sad day, when they realize this). So, it started to take her a lot longer to go to sleep at night. Then, she started getting up in the middle of the night and coming into our room. It got to the point that she was coming to visit us every night, and would not go to sleep for HOURS after that. She just kept coming back in, over and over. The result?
A sleepy cranky girl, ALL THE TIME!
I finally decided that maybe she needed a room mate to help her feel safe staying in her bed. Maybe she was lonely? So, we crammed a toddler bed into the same room with Maliya and Rachel. It...sort of helped...for a few days...then back to the same old tricks! Little stinker. What am I supposed to do with her?
On the bright side, now that all 3 girls are in the same room, we don't have to rush to finish the basement anymore...because, oh, yeah, I'm pregnant!
A sleepy cranky girl, ALL THE TIME!
I finally decided that maybe she needed a room mate to help her feel safe staying in her bed. Maybe she was lonely? So, we crammed a toddler bed into the same room with Maliya and Rachel. It...sort of helped...for a few days...then back to the same old tricks! Little stinker. What am I supposed to do with her?
On the bright side, now that all 3 girls are in the same room, we don't have to rush to finish the basement anymore...because, oh, yeah, I'm pregnant!
3 comments:
Congratulations! And I hope that Katie (and you) get more sleep in the near future.
We are moving Makaida to a toddler bed because she can crawl out of the crib and she continually comes out of her room too. Especially at nap time. How did she decide to be done with naps the DAY she turned 2. That little stinker. We are thinking of moving her into the same room as Kyla and Kash too. Wish I had more ideas... a lock?? Haha.
I'm sure it won't work for every kid, but we were having this same thing with Des and it seems to have been solved by 1) putting a night light by his bed and talking it up about how it's awesome and how it means he needs to stay in his bed, and 2)for a couple of nights when he came wandering in our room I brought him back to his room and stayed with him for a bit.
...and congratulations!
Post a Comment