Sunday, October 13, 2013

Maliya

Maliya has started doing this thing, where she follows up all of her statements with an emphatic "No I'm SERIOUS!"
One day I asked her why she kept doing that. She said "If you don't answer me immediately [yes, she used the word 'immediately'], then I think you don't believe me."
Apparently, I need to apologize to anyone that I didn't answer immediately. It wasn't because I didn't believe you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One day, a few weeks ago, Maliya asked "Mom, WHEN are you gonna get another baby in your tummy? When Katie is how old?"
"Two," I answered.
Maliya got a confused look on her face, and quietly mumbled to herself, "Katie's two, now."
Then she tried again, "When I'm how old?"
"Five," I replied.
Again, Maliya looked a little confused.
"Want to know a secret?" I asked. "I have a baby in my tummy, right now."
Since she'd been asking for another sibling for over a year, now, I guess I expected a big reaction. Instead she just looked at me for a moment, and then said, "Is that why you're sick?"
...Astute connection, child.

1 comment:

Sharee said...

I loved these expressions. Cracks me up. I love how you record fun things your kids say. That is so awesome.