Wednesday, July 17, 2013

FOUR!!!

I don't know why this keeps happening to me...but I had another child turn another year older! So sad.
Rachel has been counting down the days until her birthday ever since Maliya's birthday...IN APRIL! The girls would ask me, every couple days, how many more days and I would give them a ball park number. Until it got to be about 35 days. Then they became more consistent and I became more accurate :) Finally, one day, when they asked and I had to answer that it was only 14 days away...I have to admit, a tear or two came to my eyes. I don't want my baby to grow up! As the number got to be less than ten, Rachel started saying "oooo, I'm so essited!!" She's so cute. Sadly, the last couple of days before her birthday were a rough couple of days for her...both physically and emotionally...and when she woke up on her birthday, she was NOT in a happy mood. Here is Brian trying to make her smile:

She was NOT happy about Brian making her smile. She was not real happy most of the morning. But when afternoon came, and we started setting up for her party, she started to get excited. Then Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Scott came to visit her and bring her a card and a present, and that helped her mood a lot, too. She got this pretty, new dress up and a fun swinging card!


 Rachel requested a Bubble Gum Birthday Party. Which, obviously meant that I wasn't letting the kids run around in our house. I'm not about to put up with finding gum EVERYWHERE for the next week!


We had a contest to see who could chew the most gum at one time. The younger kids got sick of that game pretty quick:


But these three were relentless!

All the kids that got 'out' went to play on the trampoline and playset...


Meanwhile...

Hannah and Jackson made it to NINETEEN pieces of gum! Then Hannah took hers out first, which left Jackson as the winner! Gross!

Opening presents!



It turned out to be a really hot day, and the gum was all melty...but I'm just happy that Rachel is finally starting to feel happy again. Happy Birthday, my little Sweetheart! We all love you!

No comments: