Monday, April 28, 2008

Super Baby

This is my super-baby pose. "Why?" you ask? Well, I think that any 3 week old baby that could survive the kind of life I have been leading, deserves to be considered a super baby. Don't get me wrong, Mom and Dad have good intentions...but they just don't stop to let a kid rest!

Mom finished up her internship this week, but not without dragging me out to her work on a couple of occasions.

At other times she would leave me with Dad, who would take me around to grocery stores and have me help him pick out ice-cream and cookies (don't tell Mom).

This last weekend, though, is when it really got crazy. Mom went to BYU to get set up for her graduation on Friday at about 11:00 am. She was carrying me all over campus trying to find a cap and gown, make sure she was in a safe parking lot, find somewhere to change me, etc. Then we had to wait for Dad to show up with Grandma and Grandpa before I could even eat anything.

THEN, I had to sit through a very long, boring ceremony to celebrate Mom's graduation. I don't know what the big deal was...I couldn't even see her. But everyone was excited and insisted on taking pictures out in the bright sunlight and chilly winds, afterwards.

And if you think that was the end of the day, you are wrong. We then had to go out to eat (of course), look for a skirt for Aunt Trina, and hang out at Aunt Camille's house. I was beginning to think that we would never get to go home! But when we finally did, I slept SO well! The next day, Saturday, I got dragged all over BYU campus while Dad gave Aunt Alisha a tour. I didn't get to eat for hours! Then, we went out to eat again, and then--this is the crazy part--we hiked up rock canyon to go rock climbing! Again, I didn't get to eat for hours! And that chilly wind just wouldn't stop. I'm not sure what my parents were thinking...but it's a good thing I'm a super baby!

No comments: