Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Got Some 'Splaining To Do...

Yesterday, while I was driving in the car with Maliya, she asked, "Mom, when will you be a Grandma?"
ME: "In about 20 years."
Maliya: "Well, why did your mom die when you were just a little kid?"
Me: "My mom didn't die when I was a kid. She died when I was a mom and you were a brand new baby."
Maliya: "You mean I was in your tummy?"
Me: "No, you were out of my tummy."
Maliya: "And Rachel was in your tummy?"
Me: "Yes."
Maliya: "And Katie was in your tummy?"
Me: "No, Katie was not in my tummy, yet, she was still in heaven."
Maliya: "And then Jesus threw her down, out of heaven into your tummy???"
I can't help chuckling at that idea....
Maliya: "Or you ate her and got her into your tummy???"
Again, I can't help chuckling a little...
then, in desperation to understand:
Maliya: "Mom, do YOU know how babies get in your tummy, huh????"
Me: "Yes..."
Maliya: "THEN TELL ME!!!"
Me: "Well........................When girls get bigger, they have seeds in their tummies. They only get one seed each month. Then, when they get married, the Daddies help them grow the seed into a baby, and when the baby gets big enough, then it comes out of their tummy."
Maliya: "But only boys can help the seed grow into a baby?"
Me: "Yes."
Maliya: "I want a baby...."
Me: "Well, you have to get married first so that you will have a Daddy to help you."
Maliya: "Mom, are the temples where we get married open every day except Sunday so we can get married whenever we want?"
Me: "Yes, they are open pretty much every day but Sundays and Mondays."
Maliya: "But can we only get married one time or can we get married as much times as we want?"
Me: "We only get married one time."
Maliya: "Why?"
Me: "Because then we are already married."
Maliya: "Oh....But, Mom, what do the daddies have to help the seed grow? Is it like water or something?"
Me: "Uuuuummmmmm, yeah. It's kind of like water.....really special water.........."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WOW! Let's just say, I didn't think I would be fielding the "baby question" quite this early! I was SO unprepared!

4 comments:

Alexis said...

Oh my goodness! Maliya and Livy with the non stop baby questions! I'm stealing your seed idea. So far - she just knows that mommies and daddies do something special and then there is a baby in the tummy... :) Also, since you are so awesome at these questions - tell me your answer to this question she asked: Why didn't Heavenly Father and Mary get married when he put Jesus in her tummy? Haha I was speechless! :)

Brian said...

I was not there at the time. I have to wonder if Shannon should have followed this logic instead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KiaMotorsAmerica/home?cid=sem&ppc=y

Sharee said...

HAHAHAHAH! OH NO!! I guess this is one of those times I am grateful that Kyla is not quite so observant and is mostly living in her own little world. I am hoping that baby question won't come for a long time. I doubt I really ever really be ready for it. You did a great job Shannon! That darn Maliya is just too inquisitive and smart for her own good!

TrinaJoy said...

TOO FUNNY! I loved every second of it. Great answer. I will remember that...