I love little family trips! We had the opportunity to stay in a hotel for one night...IF it happened before year's end. So, we decided to hit up Logan on our way to Idaho for New Years.
On the drive up there, the girls started playing "I Spy." It was pretty cute. Then we tried to teach them the Alphabet Game. They didn't love that one. I think we made it to "E."
We stopped in Brigham City for some family pics in front of the new temple!
Once in Logan, we stopped at Savannah's BBQ for some dinner. Yum! Rachel scooted real close to Brian, during dinner, and was pretty pleased with herself, for it.
Katie loved the cornbread!
After dinner, we headed to the hotel. The girls ran around like crazies
The girls actually went to sleep really well, which was crazy, since we were all in the same room! I couldn't believe it! In the morning, after some breakfast, we hit up the indoor pool...but mostly, the hot tub. :) Rachel had a very scary and traumatic experience, while there. She saw Maliya walking around the hot tub with ease and figured she could, too. While Brian and I were both distracted with her sisters, she stepped off the bench/stair and went right under. THANKFULLY Brian saw her under the water, just looking up at him, and he pulled her out. I grabbed her and took her out of the tub and started smacking her back while she coughed and choked A LOT of water up! It was so scary. Every now and then she remembers it and tears up a little and says "I promise I won't go in the bottom water again!"...sometimes I remember it and tear up, too. I am so grateful for that little girl. I am so grateful she is alive!
After checking out of the hotel, we went to visit Gossner Foods. We found all kinds of crazy flavored milk...
Tried out some free cheese samples...
Here are the girls, lovin' the Root Beer flavored milk!
Brian even got some jalepeno cheese curds. They actually weren't that bad...
I think the iced over trees were just SO beautiful!
After our lunch of cheese, we went to the USU Creamery for some ice-cream!
She didn't love it...
That picture really is the extent of her objection, though, she didn't cry at all. Just stuck her tongue out and shook her head!
Ice-cream!!
Yes and No...
On our way out of Logan, we drove around the Logan Temple. It was so pretty. And when Katie saw it, she pointed out the window and kept saying "OOOOOOO!" She loved it! It was so precious!
After that, it was off to Inkom for New Years with Brian's family!

1 comment:
Katie's poor, sweet little head! My kids always go haywire in hotels. It is insane how much they love them. I am so glad yours slept good! So fun!
Post a Comment