Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grinch Party

Some time, around the end of November or the beginning of December, I told the girls that they could go invite a friend to come over and play. They gathered up a bunch of princess pictures (who knew why), put their shoes on and off they went. A while later, I thought they had been gone longer than they should have been, so I bundled Katie up and we went out to look for them. They were just dragging themselves up our hill when I got outside. But they didn't have any friends with them.
"Was no one home?" I asked.
"No one was home at Sophie's house, so we took a picture to Kennedi's house, and Cara's house, and to Hailey and Ashley."
"You gave away all your pictures?" This surprised me, because Maliya was very attached to these Princess pictures. "What did everyone say when you gave them your pictures?"
"Hailey's mommy asked if she could keep them and I said 'yes.'"
"...ok..." I said, and we went inside.
That evening, I got a text from Kennedi's mom, saying how excited Kennedi was to come to our party and when is it? so she can get it on the calendar.
"...MALIYA!!!! Did you tell Kennedi's mom that you were having a birthday party?"
Yes. She did. Apparently, in her mind, those Princess pictures were -obviously- party invitations.
So, we went ahead and through a Grinch Party!
Grinch masks, that no one wanted to wear...oh, well.



We watched the cartoon "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."
Then played Pin the Christmas Tree on the Grinch. A big hit!







Heart growing 3 sizes craft:

And treats!




Hot chocolate and apple cider and that was that!



Pretty simple, but it was fun.

1 comment:

Sharee said...

You are such a fun mom, period.