So, how did we spend our week of freedom? Well, we started the weekend off by having Brian take yet another day off! :) Yep, he took Friday, the 1st, off so that I could go to a wedding in Salt Lake. Once I got home, we took off for a one-night, family camping trip.
The kids came down with colds on Saturday.
Monday, I started to come down with a cold, as well. We did go to a family BBQ at Camille's house, which was lots of fun, with lots of tasty food! Then we did some fireworks in the driveway. My girls were not big fans and ran in the house. We were able to coax Rachel back out for the 'quieter' fireworks, but once they got loud again, she ran right back in the house. There was no convincing Maliya to come back out at all.
Tuesday and Wednesday we tried to get well. At one point, Maliya said that she wanted to go on a train ride. I looked up various trains online, including the Heber Creeper, but was horrified by the exorbitant price for a ride, and decided our train ride would have to be on plain old UTA Trax.
Thursday, we rode Trax up to Salt Lake and walked around Temple Square. We first walked into the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We went through the revolving door (how fun is that, for a kid?) and as soon as we stepped foot into the building, Maliya looked up and said "Is this for getting married?" Haha. I told her that the temple is for getting married, but that after she gets married, she could have a party in there, if she wanted.
While there, we made a stop in the restroom. Maliya and I used the same stall, and some other lady came in and used the stall next to us. She got a good laugh. This is what she was privileged to listen to, while she relieved herself:
(Maliya had finished her business and was waiting for me to do mine. She noticed that someone entered the stall next to us, and started to try to crawl under the divider into the neighboring stall)
Me: Stand up. You can't go in there.
Maliya: Can I look?
Me: No.
Maliya starts squatting and peeking under the divider
Me: No peeking
Maliya: I want to see her. Can I see her when she's done?
I hear giggling from the next stall
Me: Maybe when we go out to wash our hands, you can see her.
Maliya starts trying to open the stall door
Me: Don't open the door
Maliya: Why?
Me: Because I'm not done yet.
More giggling from next door...
To be honest, I can't remember everything that Maliya and I talked about or all the millions of questions that she asked while I was trying to go to the bathroom, but I do remember a lot of giggling coming from our neighbor. I am just glad that she had a good sense of humor!
After the JS Memorial Building, we walked over to the Reflection Pool, had some snacks, walked around the temple and headed back to the Trax stop. By then, it was already getting past nap time. It was a fun little trip!
Friday, we went house shopping.
That was pretty much our week! Nothing super exciting, but it sure was nice having Brian home all week! We weren't sure what to do with ourselves when he went back to work, today!
No comments:
Post a Comment