Uhhh...watch out world? Brian's coming?
Coat shopping at Costco!Comparing the hair thickness on these girls. I couldn't believe how close in color all their hair looks, when it is wet!
I've been using the Hooked on Phonics app for Katie, Hayden LOVES it and get's mad when the other girls play it and won't let him get in on it.
Quick "Field Trips" with Maliya, Katie and Hayden down to Thanksgiving Point.
Katie kept trying to tell Hayden that he had to duck down and stay hidden, for a puppet show. He just didn't grasp the concept.
Rachel's friends kindly invited her to a picnic at the park. The kids PROMISED they wouldn't get wet...you can see how well that worked out...
A temple run with Katie! I think she was picturing something different than I was. Also, here's the grumpiness about pictures, again! What am I going to do with this child?
I got to do some cupcake decorating with the Young Women! Can I just say that Talei is amazing? And I love being a small part of these girls lives!
Katie got sick :(
Cleaning the blinds!
Took the girls to the Scheels Ferris Wheel after gymnastics, one day. Look at that excitement!
These two cuties. Best friends and worst enemies. Hayden has started tagging along with his sisters to their friends' house, sometimes. They have a little brother his age. Katie totally encourages him coming along, too. She will take his hand and keep him safe the whole way there! It's pretty precious.
During Sacrament Meeting, one Sunday, they girls took turns being models while their sisters drew pictures of them!
Katie likes pretending to be a foot doctor.
Sunday afternoon fun outside, with any neighbors who happen to come out, too! I got this picture texted to me from Claire's mom!
Over the last several years, my older girls have often wanted me to give them suggestions of things to dream about. As I tucked Katie into bed, one night, I told her to go to sleep and dream about playing with Daddy. She responded with: "I ONLY dream about Princesses. And ALL my dreams have kissing on the lips." Whoa! Uhhh, ok? I will be keeping a close eye on THIS little princess!
And, of course, then I took a picture of her pretending to sleep...so that I could document the story!
...And then Rachel wanted me to take a picture of her pretending to sleep, too!
Just a boy and his cars, all lined up and watching "Cars."
Katie did so great at the dentist! She has a second cavity, tho :( The doctor decided not to fill it, yet, but reminded us to be extra vigilant with caring for her teeth.
Fun with cousins at Thanksgiving Point!
With school in full swing, sometimes Rachel feels like she can't quite fit it all in. To help herself make sure to get all the important things done, she made herself a "to do" list:
"Tomro (tomorrow): 1. School 2. Homework 3. Bool (Doll) 4. Paly (Play)
My pumpkins! Heirloom Variety. My supplier calls them "Mormon Pumpkins"
We went over to visit Grandma Lisa during the day, Hayden fell down and scraped his knee. Sat down on the recliner to calm down and...he was out!
"Mom, what if someone fell asleep like this?"
"Uh, that doesn't look very comfortable..."
"Take a picture so I can see."
After looking at the picture, she laughed and said "You're right! That DOESN'T look comfortable!"
Building castles together! These two are so cute together! Love my gingers!
When Rachel came home, she wanted in on that action! Here is her masterpiece:
During Maliya's school breaks (recess?) she wanted me to teach her how to play chess. She loves it and wants to do it every time! I'm not as accommodating as she would hope :(
After playing a couple of times, she kept asking "Which way does the prophet move again?" Haha, "It's a bishop, babe."
Maliya and Hayden and I went on a Field Trip to the zoo!
The orangutans were very entertaining!
Carousels are always a win.
We were just about to go in to the bird show when we had to cut the day short and rush home. Rachel had thrown up. Eek! Poor girl.
I got to bring Maliya with me for her first ever General Women's Conference! It was fun having her.
Brian and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! It landed on a Thursday. So Thursday night Brian brought me flowers and we went out to get Thai food together.
Then on Friday night, we went and stayed at the anniversary inn. We went to the family history library and did sealings together at the Salt Lake Temple and had a wonderful time together!
On Sunday, Katie gave her first talk in Primary. Well...I guess I gave Katie's first ever talk in Primary! I wrote the simplest talk ever, so she could do it. "My dad went on a mission here. My mom went on a mission here. We can be a missionary anywhere." Oh, well. Maybe next time? But at least she put in some effort. She drew the nice picture of "home."






































No comments:
Post a Comment