Tuesday, September 20, 2016

August

This crazy kid made a *creative* Hula Outfit and then did a whole hula dance for me!
We took our cousins, James and Aria, to the splash pad with us. This little lady is just the cutest!
Sharee and I canned peaches ALL. DAY. Hayden and Dax were totally content watching Mater's Tall Tales on the computer. These two little cuties are gonna be best buds.
"Mom, watch! MOM! WATCH!!! Ready? Set? GO! Vroom!" Car races down and back on your own legs. Awesome.
These two...
I got to go with the YW (the 4th years) on their adventure activity. They learned to ride horses! How awesome is that??? As we were getting ready to head to the horses, Grace said: "It's been my life long dream to ride a horse off into the sunset..." I told her it was a little early, so we might not get to ride horses into the sunset...but maybe into the LOW sun??? The girls got a big kick out of that, and kept commenting on the "low sun." 
I FINALLY signed Maliya and Rachel up for swim lessons. The last session before school started. Katie said she did not want to take swim lessons. I put Maliya and Rachel in the same class, which they loved. They kept going under water and waving at each other! 
I was pleasantly surprised by how much they improved in those short two weeks!
Keeping Katie and Hayden busy and out of the water was an adventure...
Grandma Gayle and Grandpa Myler sent Katie a giant birthday cookie!!!
Maliya got invited to a birthday party at Thanksgiving Point Farm Country. I ended up staying with all of my kids. I tried to be at least a little helpful : /  It was a fun outing!
I loved the way Maliya's hair looked in the sun, and the contrast of the color of her hair tips verses her hair right at her scalp.
First Day of School!




 Old friends back together again, lugging all their donations with them. Rachel, Hannah, Luke and Ellie. The majority of Rachel's 2nd grade class was in her 1st grade class, too. So fun!
After going to the first day of school, Rachel skipped out on the rest of the school week, as we went to spend the week with the Topham family up at the cabin! It was such a wonderful week! 
We went on a fun little hike, one day.







Played games.
And celebrated Trina. The Tophams have a super fun tradition where everyone writes down 30 memories of the birthday kid who is turning 30. We presented Trina with her 30 Memories Book and read the memories all together. It was very sweet, to hear everyone's memories. We love you, Trina!
 And Katie got to celebrate her birthday up there with all her Topham cousins, aunties, uncles, and grandparents! Best birthday ever!
She requested cold cereal for her birthday breakfast. Which, worked out great, since the planned breakfast that day was creamed eggs on toast, and there's no way she would have eaten that anyway ;)
We even went down and got to go swimming at the Provo Rec Center! SO FUN! They had this climbing wall right after the entrance. 
Hayden, lovin' on his daddy. He wanted nothing to do with me, that day.
We came back and stayed at individual houses, on Friday night. Brian and Keiton:
Trina and I hung out with kids while most of the other adults went to set up for the reception.


And then, on Saturday, SHERLYNN AND SPENCER GOT MARRIED! YAY! 

 I love to see the temple.







 I'll go inside some day.

Hanging out on the grounds while people take so. many. pictures.


Katie's first day of school! 

This cute girl was SO excited to be a "school girl"!

...and then...the nerves started to set in...

 Katie...has issues with people taking pictures without her permission, including me. She was also struggling with all sorts of emotions while sitting on those steps, waiting for her name to be called so she could go into class. Hence, the grumpy face.
 It's her turn! THERE'S that smile!

We LOVE having all four of these friends in the same class and riding carpool together! 
Okay, NOW the sunflowers are in full swing!
It was ROUGH getting used to going to school EVERY DAY. Katie was SOOOO tired for the first couple of weeks. ...and cranky... One day, I hadn't seen her in a while, so I went downstairs to check on her. I found her all tucked in to bed and SOUND asleep! Poor little one.
Brian and I took Hayden on a walk, one gorgeous evening. The girls opted not to join us. But Hayden LOVES going on walks. Eventually he hopped out of the stroller and started walking, too. Brian started jogging. So Hayden started jogging...
Brian started jogging backwards...
So Hayden started jogging backwards!
Maliya was excited to get a package with all her science stuff! It was kind of a weird disjointed start, for homeschool, to be waiting on various packages, etc. It was rough on her to not just know what day we would start, and then have that weird limbo stage of we are started in a couple things, but not all the way started. Oh, well. Good thing she's a resilient kid! 
Hayden can be found watching Cars about any time of day. If he's not watching Cars, he might be playing with cars...but, more likely he's outside. He loves to play outside, go on walks, play on the swings and slides, but he LOVES to ride his bike! He often says, "Mom, go outside watch Hayun, pwees, pwees, pwees?" How can I say 'no'?
On this particular evening, I told him I needed to make dinner. He responded with: "Watch Hayun fiwst." ...You got it, bud!
He was so pleased with himself, going down the baby slide backwards!
Our office chair broke :( Don't worry. Brian uses it anyway.
Hayden has started refusing naps more and more often (could have something to do with not being in a crib, anymore...) But he falls asleep in the car ALL THE TIME. I was impressed by how well he slept in the CART! I've never had a child do that!
Renaissance back to school swim party! That was a fun way to end the summer!
Loved this alien in a spaceship project that Rachel made in art class. She's so creative!
I got to go on Rachel's first 2nd grade field trip. It was a walking field trip to Smith's. I loved hanging out with these cute friends. 
Maliya, Katie, Hayden and I went to visit Grandma Lisa. It was an unannounced visit, so she wasn't there. But Grandpa Scott was, and he took us to see the horses. Maliya loved feeding them! Hayden was not a fan of being so close to such large animals.
And here's a funny story about Maliya and some responses from her aunts/uncles:



1 comment:

Heather said...

Ah! The abject terror on the girls' faces before kindergarten started vs. the joy on their faces during pick-up = quite the contrast!