Brian and I were asked to be a Ma and Pa on our stake Trek, this summer. I LOVED it!
We left Monday morning, July 18, and came back Wednesday evening. Brian's wonderful parents stayed with our kids while we were gone.
Meanwhile, we got to hang with these awesome kids!
Our Trek family was AWESOME! No complaining. Good hard workers. Pleasant to be around. Just all around awesome kids. I was so impressed with them in so many ways!
The girls did awesome on the "women's pull"! They had all the men lining the path silently, removing their hats. It was very touching to see them all there, being so respectful of these young ladies.
Our buckets served as suitcases and chairs.
...and tables.
Playing games...
A lot of walking.
Hills.
I found a little friend...
Setting up tents each evening and breaking them down in the morning.
A little pole vaulting...
Going to refill our water dispenser.
Our baby, "Charles." Everyone pitched in to carry him. We weren't supposed to leave him in the handcart. The kids did great at taking care of him...the first couple of days...The boys even had him sleep in their tent with them, the first night. The second night, they said it was the girls turn. The girls wouldn't let poor Charles in their tent.
Of course there was some square dancing and some tug-of-warring...
Devotionals and testimony meetings...
Even some bubble gum blowing...
The Pony Express brought some mail for the kids.
Our authentic pioneer family picture :)

No comments:
Post a Comment