Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October

I was downstairs helping Maliya with her piano practice, when I overheard Katie teaching her dolly some Spanish. "Cinco, seis, ocho, nueve, diez!" :) Love that cutie.
I harvested my pumpkins and tried making my own pumpkin puree. It turned out great! I made pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, and lots of pumpkin bread out of this one pumpkin!
Katie has become quite the cat-whisperer. She regularly disappears to the neighbors house. She knows which bush their cat always sleeps in. She approaches the bush and softly calls "Kitty, kitty," and the cat jumps right out! It loves her!
A quick trip to Thanksgiving Point!
We've been gradually tearing out my sunflower jungle, as the weather gets cooler and more and more of them look...mostly dead. Oh, look! You can see my house!
Had a birthday party at my house for Bryn. The grandkids all know they can count on Granddaddy to bring M&M's!
Hayden wanted me to take a picture of his puppies. "Say, 'Cheese!' puppies!"
Maliya and I got to go on Rachel's field trip to the Hare Krishna Temple with her. It was a lot of fun! My friend was sweet enough to hang on to Hayden that WHOLE time, and take Katie after Kindergarten was over. They both had a lot of fun with friends!
Oh, you are just going to hand a llama on a leash to 7 year olds? Okay...Let's just say the "llama race" was an interesting activity.
After the Hare Krishna Temple, we had sacked lunches at the park, walked around the pond and talked about ecosystems. What a full day!
Maliya was trying to ask Siri something about suggestions for good movies to watch. I can't remember exactly. But it was kind of hilarious to see just how wrong Siri was about what she said!
Katie went to her first field trip! I didn't get to go, but her friends mom went and sent lots of fun pictures. What a fun day with all those cute, sweet friends!
I ordered some new pants for Hayden, online. When they came in the mail, Maliya immediately squealed "Are these for me???" Yeah, she squeezed in and totally fit them. That's my girl!
We went with our friends to Jakers-Jack-O-Lanterns. Such a fun little farm! And the $2 entrance fee is DEFINITELY a price I can handle!
They even had a petting zoo, complete with a...kangaroo???
And a fun corn maze! Maliya and Katie loved it! Rachel had some serious concerns. Maliya ran in ahead of us, Rachel was sure that we would never see her again. Then, after we went in, Rachel started to worry that we would never make it out, either! Corn Mazes. Yikes. 
Charlotte's Web Wonder Day! Rachel changed her mind at the VERY. LAST. MINUTE. about what she wanted to bring to the "state fair." We ended up with some brownies and a little pig made out of frosting. 
Katie found a binki in the backyard. And then put it in her mouth. Eww!!! I washed it so we could return it to our neighbors, but then she and Hayden started playing with it again and a dolly binki. Who knew binkis were fun for big kids, too?
We had Young Women In Excellence. It was an Olympic theme and it turned out FANTASTICALLY! I did very little, but those other leaders sure know how to throw a party! I was over the "rowing" games (long boards with plungers), and it was pretty fun! 
I went to Joanne's, one night, to get some things for Halloween costumes. I kind of hate going there with kids. But they were actually being pretty good. I had Rachel and Katie both in my cart (don't ask 'how', with those tiny carts!). I was looking at some options. Then, suddenly, Hayden flung himself on the ground and, in a sing-song voice, said "Katie push me!" Oh, wow. I'm gonna call your bluff, this time, kid.
We got to go to Cornbelly's with Grandma Lisa, again. Maliya went with the two older girls and they went on their own, so I didn't even see her most of the time!
But I took Rachel and Katie and Hayden down the big slide. Hayden was nervous about it. He went on my lap and laughed the whole way down. Then, at the bottom, he looked at me and said "Don't do it again." Haha!
Then we went to wait in line for the "cow train." While in line, we took a crack at pulling these tractors! Rachel tried again and again. She's a tough, determined little thing!
We weren't able to make the really big one budge. But when Rachel saw Lonny and Auntie Rachel give it a go, she jumped right in again! They did it!
On the train! Hayden loved this!
Hayden also loved the various slides around the park.
It took him a while to get the hang of it, but he also loved the jumping thing. He mostly stayed on the very edge, tho.
Katie got some good air!
Then we had a Topham sibling dinner. Uncle Brandon offered to help Rachel make a paper mache craft. Fun! They made a cute little puppy (that Rachel is STILL impatiently waiting to get painted). 
Rachel...doesn't do a very good job at wiggling her loose teeth...After having another loose tooth for a long time, when we could tell the new one was coming in...again...Brian started helping her wiggle it. She hated it. But we made it happen anyway. Brian wiggled her tooth all day. 
After all that work and heartache...THE WRONG TOOTH POPPED OUT! The good news is that she got a visit from the tooth fairy two times in just a couple of days!
My uncle Steve passed away, just before fall break. He was the first of my aunts/uncles to pass away. I was able to go to the graveside service in Midway. Afterword, I stopped for some lunch with the kids. The kids all ordered breakfast foods (of course!), some of which included hash browns. I have never served my kids hash browns before. Rachel was nervous to try them. She saw me eat Katie's hash browns with Ketchup. She asked "Mom, are you sure this will be good with Ketchup?" I told her yes. She tried it and then said "It just tastes like French Fries!" I said, "Yeah, that's basically what they are." She looked at me with a skeptical face and said "They're French Fries that are disgusting without Ketchup?" Haha
Hayden has started sneaking over to play with Cael, whenever Rachel and Katie go to play with his older sisters. It's cute to see them start to have friends!

Halloween! Rachel was a werewolf... 


Maliya was Pippi Longstockings...
 

 Katie was a fairy...

 And Hayden was Thor! We weren't sure he would put up with dressing up at all. But he did pretty well, once he realized that was a prerequisite to candy! He was adorable going up to each door and saying "trick or treat," and then copying whatever they said to him. Haha



No comments: