Sunday, October 4, 2015

Rachel

Rachel really wanted to try out some soccer, this year. I wasn't convinced it was the sport for her (as much as I do love soccer, myself). So I only signed her up for the city league, as it is a shorter commitment than the county league that most of our neighbors do.

After trying it out, she found that she hated it. : / But she was excited about getting a medal. 

 Rachel got to recite the Pledge of Allegiance over the loud speaker for her school, one morning! She got a flag sticker for it. :)  I love that the kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at their school!
 Maliya reminded me of this story that I wanted to put in the blog. I tried to get Rachel to show me in a picture the actions for the story. But she wouldn't do it. Instead she wanted me to take a picture of her, giving herself bunny ears. I was deceitful and manipulative and -basically- a terrible mom and tricked her into posing how I wanted. But, in the process I got this adorable picture!
 And the one she wanted...

And finally, the one I wanted. :) 
So, a few months ago, I was trying to teach the girls how to effectively/thoroughly rinse out their hair, in the shower. At one point, I told Rachel to "run her fingers through her hair." She formed two fingers into running legs and made them run through her hair. It was very effective. Rachel is such a fun and funny person and we love having her in our family!

No comments: