Just like last year, one of the things Katie wanted to do for her birthday was go out and swing!
She opened her personally delivered birthday card from Grandma Topham and found MONEY! I asked her what she wanted to do with her money, and she said she wanted to put it in a bank account (she had seen both her sisters open bank accounts with their birthday money, this year).
I couldn't talk her into waiting for another day when her dad could take her (which is what the other girls did), so I took her myself. The whole process took longer than it should have, but at the end they gave her a little piggy bank to keep. We went home and she asked for her birthday money back, so that she could put it in her bank account. Uh-oh. By bank account, she meant piggy bank. She didn't want a bank account, she wanted a piggy bank. And she wanted her birthday money in it, NOW. I tried giving her a fresh crisp dollar bill to put in it, but she knew that it wasn't HER BIRTHDAY MONEY and would not be appeased by that measly dollar. She was not happy.
Then, we went and played at the museum of natural curiosity. We had spent the evening at Thanksgiving Point for Katie's birthday, last year, too. Being the day before school started, it had been totally dead. This year, also the day before school started, I expected the same. But I forgot to remember that Katie's birthday was on a Tuesday, this year. A Tuesday in August. Which means: 2 buck Tuesday. Which means all of Utah County plus some of Salt Lake County was at Thanksgiving Point. Oh, well. We made do and had fun, even though it was crazy!
After the dinner of her choice, it was time for presents! Trying to convince the older girls to let me take a picture showcasing KATIE was a little difficult...
Headbands! Once of Katie's favorite things.
Katie got her own Puppy Surprise!
How many puppies are there inside???
3!
Then it was time for some chocolate cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment