Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kidlets

Yesterday, we were out and about until past dinner time. We had eaten nothing but junk all day, and we needed dinner....and I NEEDED chicken! So, we decided to stop and grab fast food on our way home. What better way to end a day full of junk food? Being a Saturday night, the drive thru's at pretty much any decent fast food place were pretty packed, and the insides were even more so. We waited a long time for our 'fast' food! When my chicken sandwich and Brian's fish and chips (that came with a drink) were finally handed over to us, I ripped open my dinner and started eating it right away! The aroma filled the car, and the girls excitedly chattered about how they all wanted a bite of it. Maliya said, "I've got my nose on Mom's sandwich and my eyes on Dad's drink!" hahaha, love it!
Once we got home, Brian started working on his fish and chips and sharing his fries with the girls, while I made some quick bean burritos for the girls (their latest favorite). Brian picked up a lemon wedge and offered to let the girls try a taste. Katie took it, lifted it to her lips for just a moment, and then -without actually taking a bite- handed it back to Brian, shook her head and said "Yucky."
Next, Maliya tried. She did take a tiny bite, but then shook her head, as well, and said, "Yuck."
Finally, Rachel gave it a try. She took a healthy sized bite (which is a rare thing for Rachel, no matter what she is eating!), and then, handing the wedge back to Brian, said, "It's kinda good, but the juice is a little spicy." Brian and I were laughing pretty hard. Definitely not the reactions we would have expected. No one even made a sour face!