Thursday, September 6, 2012

Aqua Triathlon!!!


I completed my first Tri Du-athlon this weekend! Yay!!! We have been riding our bikes and running all summer in preparation for this Triathlon in Provo on September 1st. I was so excited and nervous! Saturday morning rolled around and it was rainy, and cloudy, and there was a bunch of lightning. And, we all know that swimming when there is lightning is not allowed, soo....the swimming portion got cancelled. Now, me swimming was not going to be pretty, and it was going to be FAR from impressive...but I was still sad that it got cancelled, because now I cannot even really say that I completed a Triathlon. :( But I did better than I expected in the other to portions, so I like to think that I could have completed it well, had I been allowed.


Anyway, we went on and started with biking 12 miles. It was a somewhat hilly course that we had to go around twice, with one super awful steep hill halfway through the course. That second time around it was really hard to make it up! But I completed the biking portion in 47 min and 35 seconds, and there was a mess up on my time in the running portion. Brian and I calculated that it must have been somewhere around 32 minutes for the 3 miles. I finished in 19th place in my age group (out of 27). Nothing super impressive, but for me, I think I did great!
Brian finished 12th in his age group (out of 22) with a biking time of 39 min 53 seconds and a running time of 27 min 55 seconds. Nice!





Maliya came to help me gather my stuff...but it was FREEZING in the transition area (it is an ice arena, after all) so she borrowed my jacket.


3 comments:

Alisha said...

I'm proud of you guys! That is awesome!

Lindsay said...

Wahoo!!!! You guys are awesome! I could run 1 mile and then I'd fall over and die

Sharee said...

I am SO proud! You guys look so studly out there! You both did so good! I just still can't wrap my head around biking 12 miles and THEN running 3 more... holy cow. You both did so awesome!