Tuesday, September 4, 2018

July: First Half

What would July be without a trip to Inkom to visit Grandma and Grandpa Topham? Grandma immediately spoiled us with Popsicles. :)
 I just love seeing my kids hanging out and spending time with their grandparents!
 There is always lots of fun to be had with new toys, wiggle cars, motor cars...


 And FOUR WHEELERS! Maliya and Rachel got to learn how to drive the big four wheelers by themselves!








 We got to go visit a horse breeder down the street and see their baby horses.



 And their super cool see saw made from old trampoline frames.
 We went on a little hike. We brought some frisbees and a soccer ball to keep things interesting.







 And, of course, the Inkom Independence Day celebrations. The parade...

 The carnival...

















 And the Pocotello fireworks...
















 The kids got to sleep in the bed of the truck while we made our way home from the fireworks.
 More four wheeler fun! We went down to the Story's and borrowed their child sized four wheeler.








 I ran along beside Hayden while he drove the kid sized four wheeler, but Katie was able to handle it herself.


The Maxwells came up at the end of our visit so we got to play with them for just a little while. Then it was group hugs and off home with us, to work on projects.
 I got the pantry organized...

 And we tore out the grass in our mow strip, removed some of the excess dirt...

Put the dirt in areas that needed better or more dirt...
 And put in fresh grass for the mow strip. It was not my favorite project. But we got it done.
 Grocery shopping. I love that Smith's gives kids free produce to help keep them happy while mom shops. Brian just thought we were stealing food, though.

 Hayden got to go to Lauren's birthday party at the splash pad! He had such a great time!
 We planted several new plants in the flower bed by our porch...
 Had an impromptu American Girl Doll Party with the neighbors...
I finally finished ONE jean quilt! This one's purpose in life is camping. Now I'm excited to go camping. 
We've been getting a lot more raspberries, this summer! They have been making some very delicious smoothies as well as jam. And the kids just gobble them up as quick as they please. I love it!
 And then it was time to start celebrating Rachel's birthday! She really wanted to go camping for her birthday, and she really wanted to hang out with Scarlett for her birthday. So we went ahead and made those two things happen in tandem. It's always fun to camp with Scarlett's family!

When your parents refuse to admit that you are WAY too tall for the toddler camping chairs...

 ...okay, maybe it IS time to get her an adult sized camping chair...

The kids were loving using the edges of the truck bed as a balancing beam.
 The kids also went on a little hike to the summit of this hill next to our tents.

 Rachel was excited that she and Scarlett started the fire mostly by themselves!

 Tag, Mother May I, and other fun night-games in the field...


 The Burke's brought super fun glow in the dark stuff!



 And in the morning, the kids did their hike to the summit again!

 I got some random selfies of the girls...

Including one with Maliya's friend...
Then Rachel's actual birthday came. And she got a week of horse riding lessons!!!

 A four in one Elephant and Piggy Book,
 Some new roller blades,

 Some nicer walkie talkies,
 That Hayden and Lauren immediately put into use! Turns out Lauren was here for the present opening...
 And then it was cupcake time!!!



 Then riding the Ferris Wheel at Scheels...
 And the escalator...
 And the elliptical machines???


 And the fake cars...
And birthday week wouldn't be complete without a late night with Hannah!

 We also got a text and picture from Grandma Topham that read: "To Rachel, Grandpa put the star you gave us above the bed and under the picture of Christ. Every time I see it, I think of your love in giving it to us. And I think of my love, love, love I have for you. Thanks again, it makes us smile."

No comments: