Maliya got this sweet note from the Primary Chorister, after she sang a solo part in the Primary Program. It was no big deal...just the solo that concluded THE ENTIRE PROGRAM! She did such a good job. Rachel got to sing a duet part in the same song, too. Brian and I were so proud!
Hayden loves Gospel Doctrine and Elders Quorum in the Chapel. What he loves most is running away from us, running around on the stage, and -when we're lucky- sitting on his own bench and using the Hymn books to sing.
Brian and I finally got around to getting some eye exams and new glasses. My old glasses really messed with my vision, so I'm excited to have some that actually help! The kids loved trying on my old glasses.
My little helper!
Hayden saw the kids playing outside and tried really hard to get their attention by knocking on the window. He has the funniest smile, with one front tooth bigger than the other!
Makaida, Katie, Hayden and Dax attempting an...interesting...version of "Ring Around the Rosies."
Rachel made a card for her dad's birthday.
Here is Brian holding the girls up on the rail to get a better view of the big Nativity.
I went to get some veins worked on, so Brian was working from home. Katie and Hayden each took turns sitting next to him and "working" on their computer, too!
Hayden was mad at me. The boys just kept pointing at me, since it was my fault.
Hayden loves wearing everyone's shoes. Katie wanted to get in on that action too. They were so pleased with themselves, tromping around in mine and Brian's shoes!
A letter to Santa.
Las Posadas. Renessaince had their big Spanish celebration. At one point, the kids got to crack glitter filled eggs on eachothers heads. Interesting tradition...
"I'm the evil queen! But you're not scared of me, cuz I'm nice."
The girls did awesome at their dance recital!
We went to see some awesome lights (including "The Tree of Life") with the Burkes. It was BEYOND freezing out there!!!! We didn't last long.Dalton Christmas party at my house!
Hayden kept hopping right up on Granddaddy's lap and giggling his head off. It was so cute.
And Katie wanted to show him her fairy necklace...
Hayden and Collin playing in the INDOOR TRAMPOLINE at Aunt Becca's house, while the girls practiced their annual Christmas dance.
I found a pheasant in my garage, one day...I chased him out to the front yard to get a picture.
The Ward Christmas Party was Grinch/Whoville themed breakfast. Lots of fun!
And, don't forget a Christmas Party with Grandma Lisa and the annual granddaughter's dance! They did a Nutcracker ballet dance, this year. It was adorable.
We spent Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Topham's house. You KNOW there was plenty of snowmobiling involved!
Having the whole family sleep in one bedroom is always interesting. Hayden did a really good job at staying asleep despite some...noisiness...
We made gingerbread houses...
Uncle Brandon helped the kids dress up like reindeer...
We had an adorable Nativity play!
Three beautiful angels and a tiny wise man, help us lead the hymn...
And grandma gave all the grandkids some Christmas Eve Jammies!
Maliya and Rachel got roller blades from Santa!
Hayden was more interested in sitting in my lap with candy in each hand (he never finished either of those pieces of candy...) than he was in opeing presents or playing with toys...or putting up with other humans speaking to him...
Eventually the stickiness of the melting candy bothered him. I threw it away, washed him up and lured him into playing with his new stuffed puppy.
Rachel made this awesome dolly bed/carrier for Katie. She was so excited to give it to her!
Maliya made this adorable purse for Rachel! Not pictured, are the Elsa and Anna that Katie made for Maliya and Rachel, and the spoon puppets that Rachel made for Maliya and the purse that Maliya made for Katie. I told the kids they were to make each other home made presents and they did awesome!
Toy cars from Grandma, always a win!
And Grandma and Grandpa got us an electric piano! Hooray!!!
I found Hayden falling asleep all over the place! Poor kid!
Playing games and toys with sisters and cousins...
Before we headed back home, the girls found this SWEET flamingo dress up! How funny!
That face when you are driving home from a long vacation...and you manage to fall asleep in your car...and then your sisters wake you up...
We made it home with no trouble...until we got to our driveway and there was a berm of snow along taller than our knees. We had to dig out a path before we could pull in.We took Maliya to Grandma Lisa's house for a "sewing class." Katie kept herself busy doing the dishes...
Rachel: "Mom, I thought up a pose that I can only do on the stairs!"
I took the Young Women to our last temple trip of the year!
It was a wonderful month, and a perfect ending to an amazing year. I can't believe it is already 2016!




1 comment:
That is so neat Maliya did a solo in the primary program! I'm seriously impressed. What a great post packed with so much fun!
Post a Comment