Adobe flew Brian out to San Jose for a conference, last week. He was supposed to be there from Tue-Thur...4 days before our anniversary. I told Brian that if they were going to take him away that close to our anniversary, I would have to get to go with him. :) And then we actually worked it out! I flew out first thing, Friday morning. Grandma and Grandpa Topham babysat the girls for us, and Hayden and I got to run around San Jose and San Francisco with Brian! We also went with our friends, Seth and Megan. Seth was also out there for the same conference during Megan's birthday. We had such a great time!
Hayden, attacking my cup, on the plane.

Then we drove a rental car to SF and across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods, to see the Redwoods! Seeing a redwood forest has been a lifelong dream of mine. So I was super excited. If we had more time, and were baby free, there were some longer hikes that we would have loved to go on, but the easy, paved path that we took did not disappoint, either. It was an amazing and beautifully majestic place!
More Golden Gate Bridge,
Then drove Lombard Street. Somewhere along that zig-zaggy road, I realized that Hayden had -that very day- cut his first tooth! It was a miracle that he was such an angel on that trip, with us totally messing up his eating/sleeping schedules, keeping him in his carseat ALL DAY...AND HE WAS TEETHING! He is a good boy, I tell ya...
And then it was off to the Oakland Temple!
They were celebrating their 50th anniversary of it's dedication, so there was a fun exhibit all about the building and dedication, etc, and we got these fun pictures!
The next day, we took Bart in from the hotel, then walked up through a bit of China Town, and then up to the Cable Car Museum.
Then over to Ghiradelli Square, then back over to Pier 39
Checkin' out those sea lions!
We took a cable car back to the Bart Train stop, to head back to the hotel, pick up our stuff and get to the airport. We packed a lot into those two days! It was tons of fun!
Hayden, attacking my cup, on the plane.
We kicked the vacation off with a little Winchester Mansion tour. Quite the place! If you get a chance, you should go.
Then we drove a rental car to SF and across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods, to see the Redwoods! Seeing a redwood forest has been a lifelong dream of mine. So I was super excited. If we had more time, and were baby free, there were some longer hikes that we would have loved to go on, but the easy, paved path that we took did not disappoint, either. It was an amazing and beautifully majestic place!
More Golden Gate Bridge,
Then drove Lombard Street. Somewhere along that zig-zaggy road, I realized that Hayden had -that very day- cut his first tooth! It was a miracle that he was such an angel on that trip, with us totally messing up his eating/sleeping schedules, keeping him in his carseat ALL DAY...AND HE WAS TEETHING! He is a good boy, I tell ya...
And then it was off to the Oakland Temple!
They were celebrating their 50th anniversary of it's dedication, so there was a fun exhibit all about the building and dedication, etc, and we got these fun pictures!
The next day, we took Bart in from the hotel, then walked up through a bit of China Town, and then up to the Cable Car Museum.
Then over to Ghiradelli Square, then back over to Pier 39
Checkin' out those sea lions!
Hayden and I got our first ride on a trolley car!


2 comments:
First of all, holy cow! That BOY is CUTE!!! I just want to hold him and squeeze him to pieces. Second, I love Brian's superman shirt. Third, SUPER FUN!! I am jealous you got to do so many cool things - a year and a half and we still have not done all those things... haha. Lastly, you both look fantastic! You must be working hard together :)
I saw these pictures on Google+ and LOVE them! So so fun!
Post a Comment