...of Kindergarten.
Having never attended elementary school, myself, I had no idea that the 100th day of Kindergarten is such a big deal. But, apparently, it is. The kids got to have a party in class and everything. And Maliya even got to dress up like a 100 year old. Doesn't she make an adorable Granny Topham?
Just a couple of weeks before the party, Maliya had expressed her disappointment that "everyone else's parents" come help in class, and why don't I ever come? Luckily, I had already signed up to help with both the 100th day party and the Valentine's Day party. So, I was able to save myself by telling her so. She was so excited to have me come be there for those parties! It was a lot of fun for me to be there, too, and meet more of her friends and see more of her world. Some day, when I don't have so many younger kids to pawn off on some other parent, I will come volunteer in my kids' classrooms more often.
Having never attended elementary school, myself, I had no idea that the 100th day of Kindergarten is such a big deal. But, apparently, it is. The kids got to have a party in class and everything. And Maliya even got to dress up like a 100 year old. Doesn't she make an adorable Granny Topham?
Just a couple of weeks before the party, Maliya had expressed her disappointment that "everyone else's parents" come help in class, and why don't I ever come? Luckily, I had already signed up to help with both the 100th day party and the Valentine's Day party. So, I was able to save myself by telling her so. She was so excited to have me come be there for those parties! It was a lot of fun for me to be there, too, and meet more of her friends and see more of her world. Some day, when I don't have so many younger kids to pawn off on some other parent, I will come volunteer in my kids' classrooms more often.
1 comment:
So fun!
Post a Comment