October 15, 2012, we went to the Hogle Zoo with our friends, the Sheffields. It was so fun!...except for the part when Maliya got lost. Not fun. Very scary. I cannot describe the releif I felt when I finally saw that pink and brown jacket again!
The girls admiring a peacock
Playing with the weird fake elephant thing.
Mesmerized by the water section. There was this awesome polar bear that liked to perform for people. It would swim right up to the window, then push off the wall in a sort of back float, then swim back and do it again and again and again. The kids -and adults- LOVED it!
And, of course, they picked the giraffes on the carousel.
One of our fun trips to Cabellas!
Rachel asked us to pretend she was our groceries, one evening. So, we carried her around in the "green" bag. She LOVED it!And, of course, Maliya got in on that action pretty soon after.
Brian stayed home from church with Rachel and Katie, one week, because Rachel was sick. Katie got tired and gave herself a little nap on the kitchen floor!
Katie, chuggin away at her bottle while rocking in "her" chair.
All three girls in a laundry basket! What could be more fun?
My first ever pair of glasses! They are a really light prescription for a slight astigmatism. I basically only wear them for night driving.

I gave the kids a bath with glow sticks! Pretty fun!
Maliya asked me for some green gloves, to match her dress. I told her we didn't have any gloves, so she suggested we make some. Her plan was to trace her hands, color them green, then cut them out and tape them to her hands!
Wow, impressive ingenuity, Maliya!
Katie often stands up in her highchair, then when she tries to sit back down...it doesn't always work out quite right...
Thanksgiving Week!
Monday, we had "Thanksgiving Dinner" with Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Scott. It was yummy and fun, and afterwards, we got to decorate Gingerbread Trains. I messed our sup. But Maliya was just excited about the candy, anyway...and you know she was all over eating the left over icing!!!

And, added bonus, Rachel had someone who let her talk their ear off all night long! Rachel was in heaven!
Thursday, I dropped my dad off to hop a shuttle to the airport. He went and spent Thanksgiving with his sibblings in REno, while I watched Lisa. Grandma and Grandpa Topham came down here, and we had Thanksgiving at Sharee's house, in Orem. It was SO yummy and SO fun!!!


AND built this retaining wall in the back yard! Hooray for not having all our dirt wash away this winter!

The girls admiring a peacock
...and Katie chasing it down!
Playing with the weird fake elephant thing.
Mesmerized by the water section. There was this awesome polar bear that liked to perform for people. It would swim right up to the window, then push off the wall in a sort of back float, then swim back and do it again and again and again. The kids -and adults- LOVED it!
And, of course, they picked the giraffes on the carousel.
One of our fun trips to Cabellas!
Rachel asked us to pretend she was our groceries, one evening. So, we carried her around in the "green" bag. She LOVED it!And, of course, Maliya got in on that action pretty soon after.
Brian stayed home from church with Rachel and Katie, one week, because Rachel was sick. Katie got tired and gave herself a little nap on the kitchen floor!
Katie, chuggin away at her bottle while rocking in "her" chair.
All three girls in a laundry basket! What could be more fun?
My first ever pair of glasses! They are a really light prescription for a slight astigmatism. I basically only wear them for night driving.
I gave the kids a bath with glow sticks! Pretty fun!
Maliya asked me for some green gloves, to match her dress. I told her we didn't have any gloves, so she suggested we make some. Her plan was to trace her hands, color them green, then cut them out and tape them to her hands!
Wow, impressive ingenuity, Maliya!
She traced her own hand and colored it (staying way more in the lines than she has ever done before), all I did was cut them out and tape them to her hands! This activity was a big hit and Rachel soon joined in. Their friends came over a little while later and they did it, too!
Katie is always stealing the kids dishes from the cupboards...and then stirring and carrying them around all over the house.
...We finally got a child lock on that cupboard.
We went to watch "Wreck It Ralph" in the theater with Grandma Lisa and the M cousins. Super fun!
You know how my holiday seasons are always super crazy? So, in keeping with that "tradition"...
Sunday we had dinner with my dad and my Aunt Davi at her house. The kids LOVED IT! They played with a ballooon with my dad, ate ice cream and M&M's and even got to DRESS UP AND DANCE! Always a hit.
Rachel opted to help Auntie Kimmie, instead of working with Maliya and me. Kim was super nice and patient and let Rachel put the candy on, once she put drops of icing where she wanted it. I think they worked well together. Both precise little artists.
During Thanksgiving Weekend, Brian got busy and took advantage of having his Dad in town. We TOTALLY monopolized his time, but we got 2 major projects completed! They built me this pedestal for my washer and drier:
I couldn't believe how fast they pounded out that retaining wall! Great job, guys!
Meanwhile, Maliya and Rachel practiced drawing Grandma with her "circle hair"...also known as "curly hair"!
2 comments:
Blogger will no longer allow me to upload pictures, as I have reached my limit in Picasa, but it will let Brian...so, I will be posting in his name, for now. ;)
I am so impressed by Maliya's drawing skills! That looks just like my mom! That stand for the washer and dryer looks awesome! So glad it turned out!
Post a Comment