You know, when I was a child, my mom never let me cut my hair. I had ridiculously long hair, long enough that I would sit on it. Let's be honest: that is too long. I often resorted to trying to trick my mom into cutting my hair. I would tell her that I needed a "trim" and then wiggle as much as I could so that she would cut it uneven and have to continue cutting more and more off in order to straiten it out. The results were never as short as I had hoped for, though. I always thought that I would let my kids cut their hair if they ever wanted to. But...Maliya's hair is just so incredibly gorgeous! It is a thing of pride for me. I love her hair. The thought of cutting it made me so sad.
Finally, tonight, I talked to her about what kind of a hair cut she wanted, and told her that after her bath, I would cut it. She was SO excited! After her bath she went skipping/running into my bathroom to get her hair cut, then suddenly paused to ask "will it be soft?" She suddenly was concerned that cutting her hair might hurt. "It will be soft," I assured her. She climbed up on the counter and I began coming out her hair. With a big, nervous grin she clenched her hands together and pulled them up to her chin and said "I'm worried about cutting my hair!" I told her that she didn't have to do it and asked her if she still wanted me to cut it. "Yes," she said, "but I'm worried!"
It turns out that she still wanted to have her long hair (I think she is kind of proud of how long her hair is, too) but she wanted to have bangs like Rachel. She I cut her some bangs, and just trimmed the rest.
The "After" Pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment