Wednesday, August 25, 2010

City Of Rocks

In July, we went camping in the City of Rocks, which is just on the other side of the border of Idaho. Why do they call it 'City of Rocks?' Because of these huge, random boulders that jut out all over the place. It is a really neat place, great place for bouldering or rock climbing --BUT-- NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR LITTLE KIDS! We will have to go visit it again some year when we don't have little toddlers with us...
Grandma and Grandpa Topham and Aunt Sherlynn came with us.
And Maliya was SO helpful in getting the campground set up!
Brian bouldering. This boulder route had not been named,
so Brian dubbed it "Rachel's Revenge."


Tiny Rachel beneath a giant boulder...kind of scary to me.
Grandpa taming 'Rachel's Revenge'



Right about when Grandpa got to this point of the climb, Maliya came by and saw what he was doing and started to flip out, crying "Grandpa, come down, now!" Poor little thing was worried about her grandpa and his dangerous stunts. :)

Unfortunately, none of us got as much sleep as we needed. Rachel had a horrible time sleeping and I was up all night with her...and when I say all night, I mean she only slept for 30-40 min at a time...at all...the whole time. This is the result:
We ended up cutting our trip short, because I did not think I could handle a second night with no sleep. So on day two, after dinner, we packed up and headed home. Here is our campground before we packed up...and my sleep deprived children.

No comments: