The Friday before Rachel was born, Brian went to Logan and spent the afternoon/evening at a family reunion. So, Maliya and I had a girls night out. In the afternoon, we went swimming with Maliya's little friend, Paige, and her Mommy, Katie. That evening we went out to dinner at Subway. I got a meal, thinking that Maliya would enjoy eating the chips...I was mistaken. She ate about 2 chips, and then just wanted to share my sandwich! The problem was that me taking pieces of lettuce or tomato or cheese out of the sandwich and giving them to her individually just wasn't cutting it. She wanted to take a bite out of the actual sandwich, just like her Mom. This proved quite difficult, considering she only had 3 teeth, and the sandwich was about the size of her head! But, by the end of the sub, she was doing considerably well and getting a decent bite out of it.
On Monday evening, we went to Costco, where we happened to run into my doctor. I asked him if I could induce that week and we called the hospital right then and set it up for Thursday.
Tuesday, we went with Paige and Katie to a petting zoo (or...farm) at Thanksgiving Point. That was SO fun, and Maliya had her first pony ride! I wished that I could have video taped her giddy giggles while riding the pony, but I was busy holding her on the horse. Oh, well. What can you do?
On Wednesday, our last night with only one child, we took Maliya to a park to play. It was so fun seeing her run around playing on the equipment. Brian got up there with her, which helped her be brave enough to go down a slide for the first time! (Well, she's been down a slide before, but this was the first time she went willingly!)
It was a fun week, I loved hanging out and doing fun things with my girl, but we are so glad to have another beautiful daughter in the mix, now!
No comments:
Post a Comment