When Maliya was a brand new baby, she would use her binki only when she was going to sleep. She didn't seem to have much interest in it, otherwise. When she was a few months old, she lost interest in the binki completely, preferring to suck on her thumb as she went to sleep. I have been very happy to see that she really doesn't suck on her thumb during the rest of the day, mostly just when she is going to sleep. Except...if we go play in her room, and she sees her nice, soft bumper-pad (which she loves). She will go hold on to the strings, and just stand there at her bedside, sucking her thumb!



Also, the other day, when I got Maliya up from her nap, she was -apparently- not ready to be awake yet, because she would not take her thumb out of her mouth for ANYTHING...not even lunch.

After a while, she started to get frustrated that she couldn't eat, because her thumb was in the way! She even started crying. I tried to forcibly remove her thumb from her mouth and she was having none of it. So, instead, I shoved a little bit of food in the side of her mouth. Then she finally took her thumb out, chewed up her food, and cheered up. Funny girl.
3 comments:
Man, your lil' girl is so darling! So is the table too (but not near as cool or cute!)
Hahaha!! That is so cute and funny! I love it!
These pictures of her sucking her thumb are so DANG cute! I love that she loves her bumper pad so much - how cute is that? The food story is good too. SHE IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment