Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Step At A Time

Once Maliya learned to crawl, she immediately began following me into the kitchen, pulling herself up on my legs, clinging to me, and crying. I'm sure every mom is all too familiar with this scene. Trying to do dishes, make dinner or whatever else, while being stuck in that one spot of the kitchen. Trying to reach from that spot to every other spot in the kitchen. 
Well, eventually, Maliya got to where she could walk along behind me, so that--while I was impaired--at least I wasn't TOTALLY stuck to the one spot, anymore.


Recently, she has started walking when I just hold on to her hands...


And even if I just hold onto one of her hands...



Yesterday, Maliya and I were visiting Aunt Rachel. Maliya was standing up holding on to the couch, and I was sitting a few feet away, on the floor. For the first time ever--she let go of the couch and took one step towards me! I didn't prompt her or even trick her into it! She did it on her own!
Then, today, she took two steps towards me! She'll walking any day now...

1 comment:

Sharee said...

Haha! She is just getting up the nerve - it will be any day. Maybe it will happen when I get up there? That would be fun. It is no fun when they can get in your way in the kitchen though... makes working in the kitchen much harder and you just wish they would have stayed happily content on their stomach or back a little longer.