Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2 Years

One day, early in June, I was sitting at home with Maliya when I heard a knock at the door. There was a package for me, and this is what I got:


Brian sent me a package of baby things (with frogs on them, of course, since I love frogs), and a note that said "2 Years!" That's right, I got a package from my husband for the 2 year anniversary of our "first date."

Here's the story:
Shortly after my mission, I moved into an apartment with a couple of my old companions from the mission. One of them, Shayna, often hung out with her friend (Sharee)'s brother and his roommate. She had mentioned once that she might want to set me up on a blind date with this boy, but I think she took pity on me and changed her mind after seeing me get set up on 3 different blind dates in one weekend. Yikes.
But, I did end up meeting this boy, Brian, as I passed thr0ugh my apartment, on occasion. I was usually the one that was "passing through," because -at the time- I was working two jobs and going to school full time. It was a little crazy. One Sunday night, I happened to actually have time to sit and talk with Brian and Shayna and I was very surprised and how much I enjoyed talking to this guy. I was immediately hooked and we proceeded to spend time together every day for thee next week or so (minus a few days when he was out of town with family). 
Brian had been planning a back-packing trip, which Shayna had said she would go to, for June 2nd. I ended up going. Shayna did not. Brian has always considered this trip our first date. It was just a quick over-nighter in American Fork Canyon with Brian's best friend and his wife, Brian, me, and one other girl.
After camping, we continued to see eachother every day that Brian was not out of town. I think between that Sunday night when we first really talked and our wedding day, there were only about 5 days (if that...probably less...) that we had not actually seen eachother.
Brian proposed on July 11, 2007 and we were married Sept 29. So, for the 2 year anniversary of our marriage, of course I got another package!

That's right! 2 dozen roses and a box of chocolates! What a sweetie I married!

2 comments:

Sharee said...

I love "how we met" stories, even if I am intimately acquainted with them. You two are perfect for each other. I love the package he sent you - maybe he should call Brandon up and give him some tips - haha. I have a great brother (and sister-in-law!)

KlareBear said...

Ahhh...how cool! Congrats on 2 years!!