Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Girly Girls and Tomboys

Those of you who have known me long, know that when I was young I was a MAJOR tomboy. Now that I am older, I'm not nearly the boyish girl I once was, but I am still a far cry from being a "girly girl." You don't have to know me well at all to know that I always have my hair in a pony-tail. I can't stand wearing my hair down. I try to do it, from time to time, but it just drives me crazy. While I, myself, have never felt like I've really missed out on anything by not being "girly," being a mom has somehow inspired me to live a more girlish childhood vicariously through my daughter. I find myself painting her toenails (something I never imagined myself doing) and always tying ribbons in her hair...wanting her to grow up being used to having her hair down, instead of up like mine. Despite my desire to have her be used to wearing her hair down all the time, one day, I just couldn't resist some pig tails. Isn't she adorable???

3 comments:

Davianne said...

That is SO funny! You painting anyone's toenails! I remember the first time you got a "sort of" purse. Glad to see a little bit of your girly side coming out as a mommy.

KlareBear said...

Oh so cute!! I love pig tails when they are so little!

Sharee said...

The answer is yes, she is INCREDIBLY adorable! Look at that perfect little face and the pig tails are so cute!!