Thursday, December 6, 2018

August: School Starts and Yellowstone

First Day of School!! In the craziness I sorta forgot first day pictures until we got there. So, when we pulled up I whipped out my phone for some quick pics and....I got ONE before my phone died. Oops.
So, I charged my phone and decided to get some end-of-day pictures.


Katie was having NONE of it! She was tired and hungry and CRANKY! Down right refused to take pictures and insisted that I wait until tomorrow to get "second day of second grade" pictures. Fine. This one was only because she didn't realize I was snapping the picture.
We love Mrs St Clair!








Even though Katie wasn't feelin' it, Hayden TOTALLY was! 
And he was so excited to show off his new back pack!
That night we played outside and enjoyed a gorgeous rainbow!


Second day of second grade!!! THERE are her smiles!!


And some photo bombers...


August 25th: Last Half Marathon of the year! Nebo half. it was pretty rough on Brian's knees, he was in a lot of pain by the end.




But they got their Trilogy Medals!
Hayden loved taking the opportunity to wrestle Grandpa, while he was here.

Katie's dreams came true when Grandma Lisa brought her a birthday present: An American Girl Doll Horse!

And Hayden got to start preschool!!


When I picked him up afterward, he zonked out SO FAST! Going to school is EXHAUSTING!

I had promised Hayden to go to the splash pad one last time, before it would close for the season. I had a LOT to do and was stressed about getting all ready for our trip, but I had to keep my promise, so we took a break to go get wet and have some fun.






The next day, we skipped school and headed out on the Topham Reunion at Yellowstone! We stopped to eat lunch with Camille at this park, it had a really fun splash pad, that we kept telling them to stay out of.


We finally gave up and let them at it.






They had a GREAT time, but after multiple injuries...including this one:
We said we had better get going again.
Yellowstone:

Paint Pots







Hayden was somehow barefoot (cuz we're awesome parents), and he got some sort of splinter and hurt his toe. Can you see my monkey child bringing his foot up to look at it? Around my shoulder???

Hayden said he couldn't walk anymore, so...you know...the only reasonable solution is to...


Old Faithful




Back to Old Faithful:


Lunch in a little wooded picnic area. This log was wedged between two trees, that the kids used as a see-saw.



Fireman Hole

 It was fun to see bison...EVERYWHERE!
 The caravan...
 The kids were trying to keep track of all the wildlife they came across. Can't forget the birds!





Rollin' a log
The kids were kinda obsessed with hanging out in this tiny patch of trees. It was cute.
The whole family!







All the grandkids! Except Katie. She wasn't given enough heads up to warm up to the idea. And I guess Dax is in the process of being dragged in.



Campfire cookin'!
 This was supposed to be a "rock climbing" boulder....there were no holds...it was just a boulder.


 Driving through Hayden Valley. Spotting a grizzly bear WAAAAAAYYYY out past that water. That was Rachel's one hope for this trip, since she did a research project on Grizzly Bears in third grade. In fact, the first thing she said when we told her we were going to Yellowstone, was "That's where Grizzly Bears live! I hope we see one!"
 Also spotted some elk, lounging.




It was a really cool place to see! I definitely recommend it...but maybe it's not AS exciting of a camping trip for young kids...

No comments: