This kid. In addition to driving me bonkers all day long...he sure makes me laugh!
It snowed this week, Hayden was so excited to get all bundled up and go play in it. Once he was all prepped, I needed to get myself dressed. While he waited for me with full snow gear on, he pointed out that his snow mittens were not conducive to something he "needed" to do.
Hayden: "I have a booger and I need to get it out and eat it."
Me: "Eww! Don't eat boogers that's gross!"
Hayden: "Boogers is not gross their good. They turn into food!"
~~~~~~~~
Also, this week, Hayden kept making comments about "his wife." I was at the store and didn't end up finding what I wanted, but Hayden wanted me to buy him a car (as he always does). I told him that since I wasn't buying anything, I didn't want to go check out just for a toy. He said "But my wife is getting something!" Passers by, in the store, found that comment as funny as I did.
Then a few days later, we were getting ready to go somewhere and Hayden made another comment about his wife getting ready to go, too. Then, he asked "What IS a 'wife'?"
I told him that his wife is the pretty girl he will marry some day.
"When I'm a dad?" he asked.
"Yes."
"Then you will be my wife?"
"Not me, some other pretty girl" I said.
"Because you are already married?" he asked.
"Yes."
"But then I won't live with you anymore" he observed.
"Yeah, but you can come visit as much as you want" I assured him.
Then he flipped out about how he did NOT want to marry someone else because he wants to stay with me FOREVER! I conceded by saying "Okay! You can stay with me as long as you want!"
As he calmed down he asked "You were just tricking me?" .........
~~~~~~~
I had Hayden say his own personal prayer, the other night, and it was the best prayer ever:
"Thank Thee that Jesus could make the earth for us so we can get bodies. Thank Thee that we can have bones so we can stand up. Thank Thee that we can have fun. Thank Thee that we can mind Jesus. Thank Thee that Jesus is feeling better..."
So sweet!
Being Hayden's Sunbeam teacher...I gave myself a big pat on the back, that he is apparently retaining the lessons!
Friday, February 16, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment