We enjoyed conference weekend in Idaho with Brian's family. It can only be described as a heavenly weekend! So fun! So relaxing! And a spiritual feast!
Complete with 4 wheeling (a must, when in Idaho!)...
Snuggles with Grandpa (he's a hot commodity!)...
Tickles for all nieces and nephews who dare get to close to Uncle Brian...
And family scripture study...EVERYTHING is better with grandma and grandpa!
Grandma had complete packets filled with things like Conference bingo.
Grandpa brushed the girls hair, during one session.
While I made faces with the boy.Cousin love!
Before we came home, we celebrated Maliya's birthday. Ice cream and cake all around!
"Hmm, what to wish for?"
Birthday money from Grandma!
Let's just take a moment to talk about how awesome Maliya is. As Maliya's birthday approached, I asked her what kind of presents she wanted. She thought and thought, but then said "I don't know! Clothes? I don't really need anything, I already have lots of stuff!" Love her.
Then, when she got her birthday money, Brian and I asked her what she wanted to do with it. She said she wanted to put some of it in her bank account, but that she wanted to donate a portion to the church for building more churches and temples "Because Aunt Camille was so happy when they said they were going to build the Saratoga Springs Temple." Seriously. Maliya's the best!
Another story, sometimes we let Maliya babysit for just a short time while we run to a store or something. We did this one evening and the fire alarm started beeping really loudly and saying it needed a new battery. She called and let us know, we told her we would be home in a few minutes. After we got home, we found out that all the kids were really scared about the alarm, so Maliya went and gathered them all together in the same room and lead them in a prayer to help them feel safe, and then had them sing primary songs. Sometimes I just can't get over what a good kid she is!
Back at home, on Maliya's actual birthday, she really wanted to go try out the new "train park." The kids had a blast!
And Maliya requested scones for dinner!
And, of course, the presents. Rachel -who is a GREAT gift giver- helped me think of some fun things to get for Maliya.
I'm not sure what presents Hayden was so excited about, but these are some funny pics!
Reading Hayden a bedtime story. He has several of his favorites memorized, and says them along with me!
We went to the Curiosity museum, one day. They had all sorts of fun.
Getting them to leave was like herding cats. It started to get a little ridiculous. Finally I made them all hold hands so we could all cross the street. It turned into a moving "ring around the rosie" thing...lovely.
We went on a family bike ride. You can see how well we all stayed together...
First s'mores of the season!
Brian's ring slipped off his finger, after he washed his hands, and it hit a pressure point and shattered! Whoa!
Hayden, chillin' and snackin' on the ride to CALIFORNIA! He is completely content, on car rides, because he loves watching other cars out the window!
Beach time!Eating out...always an adventure with busy little ones...
Playing in grandma's front yard.
Tandem Bike rides on the beach! Can you see how much help Rachel is with pedaling???We stopped at a playground on the beach.
And took a ferry ride.
Got frozen bananas.
Went on a few rides by the bay.
Hayden didn't want to go...
Katie went on the ride all. by. her. self. Even in between all those strangers! So brave!
Maliya and Rachel climbed up these fake palm trees. Maliya is an excellent climber, but she struggled to go very high up, this time. After coming back down, she talked to the worker about how wobbly the tree felt. The worker assured her that it would not fall over, and then Maliya made it all the way up with no problems!
Rachel flew up to the top in no time! I was so surprised!
This was the first time we've ever taken kids to the beach and not had a baby that was hating life. Hayden was happy as could be playing in the sand! (Even though he wanted nothing to do with the water...really, that's fine with me!)
Uhh, maybe he was a little TOO comfortable with the sand! Eww!
We went up on the roof to watch the sun set. It was freezing!
Grandma! Are you in there???
We went to woodbridge to feed the ducks and show dad "Mount Maliya."
Brian had never been to Woodbridge, so he tried climbing "Mount Maliya" for the first time, too!
We came across some aggressive geese and Hayden was afraid they were going to eat him!
Katie, the animal whisperer...
We even saw several turtles! That was pretty fun!
Back at home, just in time for Easter, we did some egg dying!
A few days later, I got to go with Maliya on a field trip to the aquarium. I didn't take any pictures except some silly ones on the bus. Whoops.
We went to the tulip festival with cousins. My kids love the giant chess and checkers sets!
And we disturbed the peaceful moments of many people while we took our kids through the Light of the World exhibit...super oops.
Although, any time Katie feels a closeness to her Savior, it's worth whatever chaos I have to go through! She has struggled with a fear of Jesus, because she equates Him with death. We are working through it.
Potty training!!! Ahhh!
It's exhausting...
Katie loves to bring Hayden in to her imaginative play, especially house. She is the only one who can convince him to play the male role of "Daddy." She's also the only one who can convince him to dress up in the "boy" dress ups that I bought for him!Maliya and Brian did another pinewood derby! This time they made a truck, to match Brian's new truck.
The kids went outside to test it out, once it was all ready.
Hayden found the biggest spoon ever, to eat his pasta with!
Open wide!
We ran back up to Idaho, to be there when Grandpa was called as Bishop. All kids (though not all the inlaws/grandkids) made it there for that weekend!
Cousins and cars!One night, as I approached Rachel's bedroom to tuck her in, I could hear some soft humming. I entered to find this! This kid cracks me up! On another night, when I walked in, she was sitting with her back facing me. Then she turned around slowly while petting a stuffed animal and said "I suppose you're wondering why I called you here..." Neither of us could hold a straight face and we both start laughing out loud!
Homework!!!
Dealing with the snuggly punk!
Brian and I went on a date to a climbing gym. It was pretty fun. Brian's got moves!
We had Camille and her kids over for dinner one Sunday. Look at these cuties!









































No comments:
Post a Comment