May was such a beautiful month. With perfect temperatures and lots of rain. The dandelions tried to take over our yard...but I hit the weeding HARD and took 'em out! Then Brian hit them with some nice weed n' feed.
Maliya and Rachel went to the dentist. We were super late because of an accident that caused the most unbelievable traffic on every back road imaginable. Katie and Hayden were excited to play, after being stuck in the car for an HOUR!
For a date night, one day, we went to the temple and then went by RC Willey again (we've been on the lookout for a number of items for the basement). I struck a pose on this chair, just for Brian's amusement. ...Let's just say, he was amused. Amused enough that he took a picture of it, and then posted it to his family photo sharing site, and then switched it to my instagram profile, etc.
We hosted a s'mores night with our Trek "family." These girls are so fun!Saw an amazing rainbow!!!
I found this interesting spider in our sprinkler box, when I went to hook the hose up to the irrigation. Yikes. I'm still not sure what kind of a spider it was.
Mothers Day!
Hayden is quite the little parrot, and in the last couple months his sentences have gone from "Don't, Katie!" to "Daddy going?" and "Doing, Mommy?" to "Mommy, car bring" ('Bring the toy car') to "Daddy at work now." He has been singing along to "I am a child of God," and will now sing "Popcorn Popping," and "Once there was a snowman." He repeats after whoever happens to be saying the prayer, and takes a turn repeating a verse during family scripture study. He also repeats about everything either Brian or I say while we are driving in a car. Yeah, we better be careful to avoid any road rage! ;)
I pulled my dead peach tree out (with incredible ease) and found that all it's roots had been eaten by a gopher! I was not happy.
Brian and I went on a double date with the Burkes. Shooting and then Texas Road House! It was a lot of fun! We love hangin with the Burkes!Also, side note: Before the date, we found this guy in our window well and I made Brian kill it. It's a gopher. The Peach-Tree-Killing-Culprit.
Maliya took the opportunity to have story time with those who weren't taking pictures at the moment. She's adorable. Just a few more years 'till she can babysit, and she will be an amazing babysitter!
Nothing better than a good butt-shot! Brian plays this video game with his co-workers, lately. There's one spot on it that you are able to listen to some music and make the character do this dance. The girls love making the character dance and they love it even more when they can convince me or Brian to mimic the dance. Let's just say, again, that Brian was amused enough to take a picture.
Brian got me a screen door out front! He was holding the screws in his mouth, while installing it, and Hayden joined right in on that fun!Brian's team at work had a "team building activity" that involved a paint night! Wow, definitely something I never would have imagined Brian doing...
But look how awesome he did!!!!
Hayden had diarrhea. A lot. He's got some craziness going on with his stomach, that we're not totally sure what to make of. One day he was feeling particularly yucky, and he just kept crying for Daddy. :( Sadly, as Hayden himself noted, "Daddy work, now." :'(
Rachel's last field trip of the year, to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden.
Rachel was really excited to go running with Daddy, one morning. She got the extra treat of getting to run with Grandpa, that day! She made it "almost a mile"! So proud of her! She loves to make healthy choices.
Hayden went to Elders Quorum with Brian, one week, and totally passed out on the floor!
Maliya and Rachel had their Spring Dance Recital with their dance class. Such cuties!Katie and Hayden didn't want to miss out on the photo opp, either...
I went and helped with Rachel and Maliya's Elimentary Field Day. I was in charge of the soccer station. Hayden stayed in my arms for the first hour, as I ran back and forth across the field telling the kids when they had gone out of bounds of the arbitrary/imaginary lines. When he finally got down...let's just say he still got plenty of attention!
AND I was exhausted, that night! I got all Pajamad and Slippered up by about 6pm.
The last week of school, Maliya's class had a "camp out." she brought her sleeping bag, pillow, etc. They roasted s'mores and had a fake fire. She LOVED it!
The last day of school!
Rachel, happy as ever. Maliya, so, so sad to say goodbye to everyone. There were tears off and on that whole week leading up to the last day.
We have loved having Miss Fox for two years in a row. We are so excited for her to get married this summer!
Rachel. Ever the dog lover.
Katie. Ever the princess. This was at bedtime.
We went and spent one evening up the canyon with the Burke's! Super fun! And, you can just call me "Mother of the Year," Because I forgot jackets for both Katie and Hayden. :-O
We were hanging out with our backdoor neighbors. After their son finished a dot-to-dot, he came out saying he had NO idea what it was supposed to be. Haha!
We went on a family walk/bike ride on the trail. It was such a gorgeous day!Hayden finally figured out how to actually RIDE his balance bike, instead of just walk around with it in between his legs! Haha! #soproud
...And the girls love posing for pictures, there!
We came to this rock and they each had their own idea of a pose they wanted me to take a picture of:
"looking at the flowers."
Hayden became brave enough to go down slides by himself! He is LOVING this new activity!
Brian got/installed a fence around the garden! Yay! I'm excited to keep the deer out this year (and the kids)!
Brian somehow messed up his neck and he couldn't turn his head to the side for days! I was giving him a shoulder rub, and Hayden joined right in!!!Man! That kid is cute!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment