Tuesday, May 12, 2015

India and a Garden

Brian got roped into going back to India. He was gone for about two weeks. Before he left, tho, I was a task master and made him build me three cedar garden boxes. Aren't they beautiful? My hubby does good work!

While he was gone, I spent my "free time" moving dirt. I hauled about a dozen wheelbarrows full of dirt from the empty lot by me (the dirt that got dumped there by various builders). Then, I gave up on that tactic and just bought 4 yards of topsoil from the nursery. They came and dumped right by my boxes, so finishing filling them up was soooo much easier! Then it was just a matter of planting! Look at my beautiful garden!


Meanwhile, on the other side of the world...


Brian got to go to the final resting place of Mahatma Gandhi...


He got to check out a newly built Adobe building...

And go to an Indian version of a Chinese restaurant. Let's just say it was the spiciest Chinese food he's ever experienced. And that he came home with an ulcer.

When Brian came home, he had been awake for...a lot of hours...basically two days...so he was pretty tired. But he went outside and played with the kids, for a little bit, while I made dinner. We were very happy to see that it didn't take Hayden very long to warm back up to him!
 And after dinner...it didn't take Brian very long to pass out on the floor! Despite Hayden's best efforts to keep him playing!


No comments: