We have always said that Rachel is a Little Sharee (Brian's sister). She just has SO much personality in that tiny little body! She often gives me a good laugh...for instance...
Rachel started sneaking all sorts of things to bed with her. It got to the point that she was sleeping on top of piles and piles of horribly uncomfortable things. I finally confiscated most of their toys from their room. Then, she started sleeping on top of piles of books, ouch! After a couple of weeks of Rachel hiding books in her pillow case and under he covers and finding every children's book we own under neath her when we would check on her in the middle of the night, I confiscated the books, too. I put the books in a book case OUTSIDE of their room.
Then, we started finding SHOES stuffed in her pillow case!!!
How many more things do I have to remove from her room before she can just sleep in comfort???
One day, I was working in the kitchen, when I heard Rachel's little voice squeal "I"m sitting on the moon!" Without looking, I responded something like "Oh, how great!"...then I turned around and saw this:
Hahaha, she found the piece of Katie's Bouncer Seat that holds toys for her to bat at, and decided it would make a great moon!
One day, I could hear Rachel playing in the kitchen sink -AGAIN! As I marched in there to tell her to cut it out, I saw her squirt a bunch of hand soap right into her mouth! "AAAHHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" I inquired in dismay. "My mouf is dirty, so I'm dust trying to wash it!" Upon further questioning and inspecting, I discovered that she had some of that stringy stuff from a plum stuck between her teeth. But I have to say, I never expected to find my kids washing THEIR OWN mouths out with soap!!!
Whatever Rachel is feeling, she feels it VERY strongly! This can be difficult when she is upset, but pretty fun and cute when she is happy and excited. Once night, I had put the girls in bed and I was walking out of their room. I said goodnight and closed the door behind me. As soon as the door closed, Rachel immediately began to wail! I opened the door and asked "What is the problem???" Rachel just whimpered sadly and said "I wanted you to do DIS [she demonstrated cute little wave] to me!"
"OK," I responded. I waved goodnight, closed the door and she went to sleep!
On a similar occasion, after the kids were *supposed* to be in bed, I went into their room to tell them to settle down and go to sleep. After my little lecture, I said "I love you, go to sleep!" and quickly closed the door. Again, Rachel immediately began to wail! I opened the door and said "What is the problem???" And Rachel whimpered "I wanted to say 'I wuv you, Mommy'!"
"Ok, say it," I said.
"I wuv you, Mommy!" She said. I told her I loved her, too, I closed the door, and Rachel went to sleep. What a funny kid!
But it is definitely nice to have someone appreciate me as much as she does. At two years old, she already notices and thanks me for the random little things that I do from day to day. "DANK YOU for sweeping the floor, Mommy!" Is the common sort of thing that I will hear from Rachel. Such a sweet heart!
1 comment:
Lets pretend I have a lot of personality in a TINY body too. I can't believe the shoes stuffed in her pillow case. She is so darn cute.
Post a Comment