Saturday, March 19, 2011

H.E.Double Hockey Sticks!

We have incorporated family prayer and family scripture study into our "bedtime routine" with the kids. Once they have brushed their teeth and put their pajamas on, we all go in Rachel's room and read a few verses of scripture. We pick a a short verse and have Maliya repeat it. A week or two ago, Brian started asking Rachel to repeat one as well. The first time he did that, I was very skeptical, but then beamed with pride as I watched how well she (attempted) to repeat each word! Since then, we have had her repeat a verse each night, as well. Her annunciation has improved greatly, which I attribute to this practice.
Last night, Rachel was repeating each word that I said to her, until I came to the word "hell." When I said that word, she just stared at me blankly. I wasn't sure how to handle the situation from there. To be honest, I didn't feel comfortable pressing the issue by saying "Rachel. Say 'hell.'"...Brian stepped in by saying "Say 'Mom, we don't say that word.'" and all Rachel said was, "yeah."
I guess I will remember that for next time?

2 comments:

Sharee said...

I laughed out loud at this. TOOOOOOO funny!

Lindsay said...

Shannon, you always were a potty mouth. I'm just glad your kids are starting to see this and choosing another way. Poor Brian I should have warned him.